Make your own pimento cheese sandwich like you’re at the Masters…
Southern Pimento Cheese
Makes 3 cups
• 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
• salt and black pepper to taste
Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
And enjoy it with a nice cold Gin and Tonic… the official cocktail of the Masters!
Gin and Tonic
• 2 oz gin
• 5 oz tonic water
• 1 lime wedge
Pour the gin and the tonic water into a highball glass almost filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with the lime wedge.